Saturday, October 2, 2010

Five Spice Grilled Quail

Five Spice Grilled Quail
One of the best things I love about Oriental Cuisine is the spices. And the combination in the Five Spice Powder (cloves, anise, cinnamon, ginger powder and fennel seeds) is basically heaven in your nostrils. I made another quail dish for my family because we still had so many quails, adapting the recipe from the traditional Vietnamese dish. I marinated the quails in a mixture of five spice powder, fish sauce, dark soy sauce, brown sugar, onion and garlic powder, and some salt n' pepper. It was a hit with my family because it was very homey and familiar, and since the quails were halved, the portions were ideally "snack" sized. As a meal, I served the quail with Pandan Rice and slices of tomato. And once again, no tasting required!

0 comments:

Post a Comment