There was an error in this gadget

Monday, October 25, 2010

Instant Miso Ramen

Noodles, broth, coddled egg, naruto maki, chikuwa, and crab sticks

It snowed today in good ol' Edmonton and on cold days, I like to enjoy hot soups and drinks to keep me warm and cozy. I have been feeling better and decided to get back into the kitchen since I am getting very tired of rice porridge (or congee) with scallions....
So for dinner today, I made a quick miso ramen with vegetarian seafood toppings such as veggie crab sticks, veggie chikuwa (tube fish cakes), veggie naruto maki (pink slices) and for extra protein, a coddled egg. Ramen noodles was from a package of instant noodles (which I discarded of the powder). Quick miso broth made from water, miso paste, salt, pepper, mirin, sesame oil, mushroom granules and brown sugar. Brought to a boil, cooked the ramen in it, added in the toppings to cook and dumped all into a boil and arranged it. I boiled the egg separately and added it in. I know I lack actual vegetables but I didn't have any on hand.
Other than that, voila.
Instant Miso Ramen.



0 comments:

Post a Comment