Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pleasurably Blissful Apple Cheesecake

Arousingly Deliscious!
Apple Cheesecake = Sex on a plate.
I am serious. After coming home from my vacation to Vietnam, I craved that delicious and delicate dessert that was served with my flight meal, thus I told myself I would make it at home in my own kitchen. And I did!!
This is my first ever cheesecake. I had always shied away from making homemade cheesecake because the one time I ate homemade "cheesecake," it was not a pleasant experience.
So, after picking fresh apples from my apple tree and slave driving my best friend to peel them for me (lol just kidding) while I sliced, we (the fantastic duo) candied the apples, beat the cream cheese and crushed the graham crackers to great a stunning, smexy cake, drizzled with a creamy maple butter sauce. Doesn't that just turn you on? haha ;)

Apple Cheesecake

Crust
22 graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup melted butter

Slowly add in the melted butter with the graham and mix until well blended.
Press onto the bottom of a springform cake pan.

Apples
3 large apples, peeled and sliced or 3 cups of small apples
Apples!!
2 tsp cinnamon (or more if needed)
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (or more if needed)
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp butter

Mix all ingredients except butter together in a large bowl until incorporated.
Melt butter in a skillet or pot and add in apple mixture. Turn heat down low and simmer the apples, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens and the apples are tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.

Cake

3 blocks (250 g each) of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup of the apple mixture, pureed
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs

In a big bowl, on low speed, beat the cheese, the apple puree, sugar and vanilla until well combined. Crack on egg at a time into the cheese batter, beating on low speed. Scrape cheese batter into the cake pan.

Streusel Topping

1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cold butter
1/2 cup oats quick oats

Cut butter, sugar and flour together to form course crumbs. Add in oats and mix evenly.

 Maple Butter Cream Sauce

2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup cream

In a small sauce pan melt the butter. Lower heat and add in maple syrup and cream. Stir and let simmer, while stirring occasionally until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and let cool.


The Masterpiece

Preheat oven to 320 degrees Celsius.
Evenly spoon the apple mixture over the cheese batter, making sure to cover the entire top. Sprinkle on the streusel topping, again, covering the entire top. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until set.
Remove from the oven, and cool. When pan is cool enough to touch, loosen edges of cake with a butter knife or rubber spatula. Unbuckle the pan and remove outer ring. Drizzle on the Maple Butter Cream and refrigerate for 4 hours or over night.
Sex in Your Mouth



0 comments:

Post a Comment