Thursday, June 9, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes


This is not the first time I've made these kind of cupcakes but I've never been able to take pictures of them because they always disappeared before I had a chance. These cupcakes were made for a student meeting I was suppose to attend but alas, the date changed at the last minute so I had two batches left over. Luckily, I have a family gathering coming up this weekend so these darlings won't have to go to waste. I seldom make cupcakes at home for indulgence but it's one of my favorite things to bring along to gatherings and parties.
The technique is very easy but a little time consuming to do. I mixed up some cake batter from scratch (you can use vanilla cake batter from a  box if you want) and divided the batter into 6 bowls. I mixed each bowl a different color and after lining up my cupcake pan, I spooned a small amount of purple, then a small amount of green, etc, until I finished with red. Follow the baking instructions on the box or whatever recipe of cake you are using, and voila.These cupcakes are layered with six colors of the rainbow and topped with a light homemade whipped topping. I sprinkled some rainbow chocolate chips on for extra color and sweetness since these cupcakes are not too sweet but are very light and delicate.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment