Monday, March 14, 2011

Jalapeno and Cheese Buns


I went into my local produce shop and they had Jalapenos on sale. I usually never cook with these spicy, green and fat peppers but I had a chunk of cheese at home. So this was the equation (haha I sound smart) running through my head.
Jalapenos + Cheese = Jalapeno and Cheese Buns
Yum yum yum!! I used a simple recipe for whole wheat bread and rolled it out, sprinkled the dough with grated cheese and chopped Jalapenos. I rolled the entire thing up like a cinnamon bun and sliced that sucker up. I brushed each of the tops with milk and topped with sliced Jalapenos.
Yum, yum, yum!!!

And I also made Cilantro and Black Pepper buns because we had SO MANY cilantro bunches.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not that fond of jalapenos, but this looks like it can be done with almost any kind of topping! =3 I gotta try this out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Fool
    You're right! Cherry tomatoes, bell peppers,olives, anything that goes with cheese would be awesome!
    Good Luck and have fun when you do! ^_^

    ReplyDelete