Monday, February 28, 2011

Mini Corn Bread Loaf: So Sexy!


I've been baking like crazy, if you haven't noticed lol. Every weekend I make fresh bread so that my family can enjoy homemade bread instead of going out to the store and buying it. Like I mentioned before, "there is nothing more certain and satisfying than being able to pent your anger onto a helpless ball of dough and know that it will pleasure all of your senses when it comes out of the oven." I wasn't angry though, I just wanted to bake.

This is my first time baking bread with cornmeal and I have to say it turned out pretty good. I know the traditional corn bread is made in a skillet and it has a crumbly but moist texture, however, I don't recall myself enjoying it (this was a long time ago). So last night I made this yummy corn bread with an adaptation of a recipe I found online. The first resting time was more than 2 hours because I had to go out with family so I don't know if that affects the bread or not (I don't think it should). The loaf was smaller than I really expected but I should have rolled it out a little longer. Oh well lol.
After taking it out of the oven, I couldn't even stand the 10 minute cool-down wait, but I managed with a little restraint (my brother took the loaf away from me) to cut it up and eat it. It is awesome served warm and with butter!The crust was fantastic and the texture was moist and a little bit grainy from the cornmeal. I will be using finer cornmeal next time for a smoother texture. 
More bread-baking to come soon!!

Look at that baby!
Sexy Close Up Shot
The interior; so irresistible!

0 comments:

Post a Comment